CTP 0.00% 5.1¢ central petroleum limited

My 2c againThinking about the timing of a CR, in terms of record...

1. 514 Posts.
    My 2c again

Thinking about the timing of a CR, in terms of record dates, sending a prospectus, closing dates issuing of shares etc, we will have several weeks before we would have to commit, if the CR is aimed at existing holders. We should know much more about if the well will flow to surface and flow rates etc. so we will know if this well is commercial (or at least have a very strong indication), what the CR is for and know whether the CR is something worth participating in.

Assuming it is:

Depending on the record date, it could push the SP up significantly as buyers try to jump on board to be in a position to take up the SPP or options or whatever is offered.

E.g. The CR is the same as last time, 1 free option for every 4 shares. The record date is several days after the TH is lifted and the flow tests show the well is commercial.
    Do you think that scenario won't drive the SP up as buyers try to maximise the no of shares to qualify for the oppies?

I do.

Of course, everything depends on the news that is released ahead of the CR.

JH has stated to me (as I posted after the proactive event earlier this year) that he would be looking at a consolidation at some stage to make the SP less attractive to day traders and less volatile. My feeling is we will hear more about that sooner rather than later.

My question is, if the above scenario is correct, should I look at converting oppies to shares prior to the CR if the SP looks like heading north substantially.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $37.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.1¢ 5.1¢ $2.94K 57.64K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 740000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 34474 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.38pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.