LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

cap raising, page-18

1. 4,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    the coal will sell, and at a good price, i am absolutely sure.

but personally i believe not withstanding the shennanigans that go on with such sales at such $ amounts with such players as the chinese, if i were in there i'd have done a better job selling it- heck if my wife were there she'd have sold it. its called closing the sale.

for mine they stuffed up by announcing a $ value and driving SP last year. since then that smelt of pump and dump to too many.

then they held on while the original party offered less and less thrugh the GFC. fair enough. but not to say 1 month 1 month couple of weeks. yawn

then they did the right thing by getting UBS in. hooray

now this. great, more dilution

however. as cranky as i am, i'd suggest a dimension not considered is that as they are getting such good offers and numbers of interested parties that they are doing this cap raising to send as message to all prospective buyers that they are in no hurry to settle while the GFC is easing

particularly if they are still dealing with the original party

so you bet i'm cranky I can't get a slice at $1.40 and if you ask me they'll come out and say they were oversubscribed (meaning they UNDERpriced it) cos they want to polish this tu..

so do they need the cash? if so then their cash flow management needs reviewing IMO

Or are they sending a message that they now have a war chest and time and if you want it you can pay for it? if so then i can live with that. provided they announce some details on the diesel please

i'd like an update on UBS, but then again i dont think many care for anything peter says anymore, regrettably

the real mistake they ever made for mine was announcing they have interest and a sale for $1.5b last year. the chinese just played on that and the declining SP since.

otherwise we'd be at $3 right now and all talking about the quality of the diesel and the CTL plant, plus this beaut cola we keep drilling- lest we forget thats what this company is, a CTL play

unfortunately when you go and do raisings all the time and deal with brokers and fund managers you are beholden to momentum players and short term holders. its a shame they are on the register. good on the way up, but deep volumes to sell when they want to exit

the ONLY winner in all this appears to be, ta da, BBY. and i have a very low opinion of them through this also

was there NO other way to get some cash in the door? no asset that could be sold off out the back door for say $100m?

my comment is that someone needs to get in there and teach these boys how to close a sale. i'm sure they are good at what they do, but i wouldnt employ them in my sales team on what i have seen. yes i am sure it is complicated, but how long can you remain someones b**** in a sale process?

IMO this company has 8 weeks to finalise A sale of AN asset, or they will burn their entire register. if they want to do that then fine, because for sure one day they will sell the assets, but they dont want to forget the way the market will react to their CTL announcements as they come. "myeh, heard things from them before, but they don't deliver. I'll wait another year or 2"

its in their court now i guess.

it appears the SP has found a floor and notwithstanding a global price breakdown isn't going to go to low from here. yeah gret buying opporunity and i'm sure i'll load up as soon as i can. but yeah, i think people will believe it when they SEE it, not when they HEAR it.

put it in a door and forget about it. you'll possibly be able to retire on this baby, but it will break your knuts in the meantime

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.