The "most investors here" was in reference to "other...

1. 287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91

The "most investors here" was in reference to "other concessions", which if you look at the method statement in s 102-5 1997 ITAA you will notice at step 4 that it mentions the small business concessions. I do not think it is an unreasonable assertion to make that the small business concessions are unlikely to apply to most investors here.

In addition I did say the discountable capital gains after losses is what the 50% discount applies to.

I also suspect you take issue with me saying a person's "net capital gain" is included in their assessable. If you are familiar with tax legislation you will know that the 'net capital gain' is the amount remaining from all capital gains after the application of capital losses, rollovers, concessions etc.

You will also note that I did recommend seeing an accountant (despite the fact that I am more than qualified to give tax advice), this being because it is very easy to inaccurately describe their actual circumstances leading to poor advice.

Anyway I am happy to chalk this up to miscommunication on my behalf, as I you are right, my post was riddled with grammatical errors due to the fact that most of my posts are made using my phone.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.