HZN 0.00% 19.0¢ horizon oil limited

Capital Management - will we get an update in the Mar 22 Quarterly, page-3

1. 1,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 488
    On Market BB
    Under the rules the share price could move from $0.13 to $0.17 in one month under the following assumptions
    a) start VWAP of $0.13
    b) VWAP on a trading day equals the Max BB Price truncated to a 0.005 increment
    c) stuck at same value for 3 days initially, then 2 to 3 days, then 2 days as the 5% increment gets bigger with share price .
    d) does not take into account ability to buy at Centre Point, i.e., $0.0025 increment
    e) does not consider VWAP higher than truncated MaX BB Price

Likely to shake a few lose - get a reasonable quantity.
    $0.17 is probably a sensible initial price target as NPV would be higher.
    Can take 2 months or perhaps more,. This would be a good result.
    Cost would likely be modest depending on willingness to sellers.

Two objective
    a) higher share price
    b) increase NTA / remaining share.

My guess is that an on market BB will be first, and hopefully prior to the annual, e.g., start May of June - perhaps wishful thinking, but I believe that financial position should be clear enough now.

Off Market BB
    I suspect that an Off Market BB may follow after the Annual Results are announced, and NTA is known - although a BB would probably have to be at a premium to NTA (but at a discount to estimated NPV at USD$60 oil).
    If they can distribute NZ franking credits, this may form the basis of a first leg. No idea if this is possible. Just makes sense to me if it is possible.

Consolidation
    I can suspect that there are benefits in a consolidation: smaller increment discourages scalpers; helps on market BB dynamics; get out of the penny dreadful bucket. Having said that I doubt that they will do a consolidation, due to cost and a perception that they don't work, and can have a negative effect - as shown by statistics. Then again there are lies, dam lies and statistics!

Options as Incentive
    I don't think options make any sense from a Capital Management/Distribution position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $308.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 19.5¢ 19.0¢ $78.29K 409.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 768344 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.5¢ 51473 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.