PRL 0.00% 4.1¢ province resources ltd

To fund the cost of building the hydrogen electrolysis plant...

1. 108 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    To fund the cost of building the hydrogen electrolysis plant maybe? Next investor assumes it will cost a few hundred million $

Somehow I very much doubt their estimates.

The project is now targeting 8GW of renewables, turned into ammonia and exported.

8GW of renewables roughly corresponds to 2.4 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA) of ammonia production. That is about triple the size of the Burrup Fertilizers ammonia plant, which cost close to a billion dollars when it was built in 2006, and supplies about 6% of the world's ammonia supply.

Further guidance on capital costs may be found in the paper Current and future role of Haber–Bosch ammonia in a carbon-free energy landscape (2020)

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3135/3135553-59a1bf1eba01cb4121d4eaabdb4f3479.jpg

Using 2.4 MTPA with say, the 150 bar electric process with condensation (at the Prototype stage only), would appear to be around the $4 Billion mark for capital costs, roughly, of which PRLs share would be $2 Billion USD.

I can't really comment on the costs for the port / loading terminal, as it's not my field, but it should not be underestimated either. The ammonia needs to be piped onto a jetty, and product tankers need to access this jetty.

TLDR: At the stated 8GW of renewables, I expect that the electrolyser/ammonia plant would be a multi-billion dollar project, not just a few hundred mil as Next Investor absurdly claim.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.