FLT 0.80% $19.96 flight centre travel group limited

Some good observations in this thread. Agree with what others...

1. T_G
    78 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Some good observations in this thread. Agree with what others have said around requesting the suspension was probably the right thing to do.

I am however skeptical about the ability of of FLT to raise the touted $500m based on an issue price of ~$7.45 given that already represents a 25% discount to the SP at the time of their request for suspension. It would be hard not to see the SP falling further once the suspension is lifted and it's not a stretch that it could quickly head below the $7.45 figure.

For mine FLT has the same structural problem them a number of retail listed stocks do. They have a large and expensive bricks and mortar network which given where their revenues sit will be a major cash bleed for them. It's hard to see them able to downsize this network quick enough given the time it will take to exit commercial leases, cash outlays on make goods etc. WEB which has been compared in this thread doesn't have the same rock around it's neck for retail leases so their cash burn in recovery is likely to be more moderate, which is arguably why insto's have backed them in. It's almost textbook market disruption at play.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.96
Change
-0.160(0.80%)
Mkt cap ! $4.418B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.20 $20.20 $19.90 $3.634M 181.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 412 $19.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.96 880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.28am 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.