FLT 2.83% $21.30 flight centre travel group limited

Capital Raising Estimate, page-30

1. 13,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8386
    Great post zebster. Thanks for sharing.
    The concept of the "last traded price" being "relevant" is very interesting indeed, and particularly so when the price movement was so extreme and rapid. Like you said, what would happen if they halted a day earlier? or a week?
    A similar exercise is interesting if you consider and compare, say, the EPS for 2019 for both companies, and what this means in terms of CR totals, prices etc.
    I haven't done all the detailed workings yet, but did note that 2019 EPS was about double the EPS of 2008 (just prior to the GFC), with the same amount of SOI afaik. Some might consider, therefore, that $5-6 now is equivalent to circa GFC lows. Interesting.
    Anyway, as hcosah mentioned earlier, management will be focusing on conveying the underlying value and future prospects of the business - and imo the last traded price is really pretty meaningless - but something we like to latch onto. I guess it's similar to the concept of market cap, and the rather silly notion that one can "buy the company" for the current MC! Nonsense but a simplistic metric that can provide some limited value at times, if considered in context.
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.30
Change
-0.620(2.83%)
Mkt cap ! $4.707B
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.89 $22.09 $21.24 $26.77M 1.251M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 79 $21.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.30 9824 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.