FLT 1.79% $21.00 flight centre travel group limited

Thanks. My pleasure. Agree entirely, with the possible exception...

1. 5,003 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2244
    Thanks. My pleasure. Agree entirely, with the possible exception of the 4-5 month bit. I'll also add that another good reason for going early is to tap into the relatively (much) better sentiment likely exists now than may well prevail in, say, 6+ months' time. Notwithstanding the shock that most in the equity markets seem to readily acknowledge, for me, there appears to be very little of the real bearish mood that becomes entrenched when the reality of what is happening finally sinks. There still seems to be very much a "buy the dips" sentiment that is eroding as time goes by, but the echo of the decade-long bullish sentiment still seems to be fairly strong. It's good to hear reports of FLT tapping into it now, while they can. Hope that's clear enough. Stumbling over myself a bit.

With the astounding fiscal measures that the AU Fed Govt has rolled out recently I think it's safe to say an Economic Depression in Oz will be averted. There was a very real risk, imo. Still some risk because of the interconnected global world we all live in (Thank You, Wuhan!), but less of a risk of the D-word for Oz now (I hope). With this level of co-ordinated and profound global disruption, I very much doubt the macro (broad economic) recovery will be anything like a V or U. Maybe more like a L _ _ _ /. It's bloody complicated, but over-indebtedness is likely to feature prominently.

Agreed, the domestic travel market will most likely reopen first. Internationally: who knows. That will presumably be governed by the weakest international link. Prolly best not to think too much about that right now.

I've re-read this draft prior to posting and realised that it might come across poorly. That's not my intention (sincerely), but I do worry about the travel sector's challenges over the next 12-18+ month time horizon, which are not limited to simply eradicating a virus that, as yet, has no cure. I think FLT will get their CR away next week or whenever on such terms and at a price that most can live with. My main concern is wrt the effects/impacts that are over the horizon (i.e. beyond the next 6 months), but that's probably getting ahead of myself, so I should leave it here.

Cheers,
    Z

PS. @GCar, saw your comment just prior to posting this. Thanks for the kind words and agree with them. Time to spend some time with the better half now. Take care.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.00
Change
0.370(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $4.641B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.59 $21.02 $20.48 $29.90M 1.434M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10892 $20.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.01 1472 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.