IMM 23.0% 33.5¢ immutep limited

"2. The efficiency of CVac is an open question atm. All we can...

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "2. The efficiency of CVac is an open question atm. All we can tell for now is CVac is safe and with low possible side affects for the patients in the new indications. Once the November results are out there will be more clarity in regards to other cancers as well."

Hi Arou011.Thank you for a well thought out reflective post. You certainly are right about the conduct of the CR. This, has added to the uncertainties and gives rise to doubts and negative sentiment. On CVac imo you are also correct that the outcomes to be hopefully announced by years end will be the best guide so far as to where PRR is headed. Yes we know its safe but I would also add we know it does impact cancer cells and its the degree it can do this in the prevention or delay in the cancer recurring that is under evaluation in the trials.

I take heart that Dr Neil Fraser has stated that in his humble opinion Prima Biomed has an exciting product under development.

By years end we may have a good idea if that optimism is borne out.

On funding like you I feel the whole setup has been mistimed with the accompanying consequences. No point in labouring on that because its happened and cant do anything about it. You are quite right in inferring that here is a biotech with no debt and many millions in the bank and the CR conduct while adding more millions to the kitty has turned what could have been a positive into a negative.

The brokers have three months to fill the shortfall and the have a considerable incentive to do so as they will be paid a 5% fee on the value of the shortfall filled by them. Unfortunately during that three months it may put pressure on the sp because we may a situation where people may take out shares at 8c whenever the sp rises above that level and sell them immediately. Not sure what the rules are in that regard. For instance can PRR shares be short sold and the shares delivered by buying shortfall 8c shares from the brokers? I hope not.

However, the plus is that hopefully they will have the shortfall taken up and basically that ensues funding is well ahead of medium term needs.

In respect to the options while Im not a fan of options, I will participate realising that all hinges on a positive outcome with the final 2b data. If the data is good then I expect a good outcome for the options for a small initial outlay, if not good, it will be money down the drain lol.

In respect to the three additional cancer targets, the impact of the detail on these too difficult to objectively quantify but I don't believe it has been factored into the sp. The PRR market is currently in a bit of void with uncertainty being a key driver. Trading is only on the periphery of the share register and imo not an indicator of any in depth assessment as to the potential arising from the additional cancers. Look at Fridays trading. So small. Not much happening there. A few traders fiddling around lol.

Also I want to say something about the issue of dilution often referred by some here. Every capital raising, the same old dilution comments get made and I wonder whether they realise that those CRs were essential to the operations of the company. Without them the work cannot go on. Dilution does obviously impact the value of shares but not the value of the company. The expectation is that if CVac is successful and an annual profit in the hundreds of millions were to become a reality as outlined in the various analyst reports then its obvious that a sp vastly higher than the current sp could materialise. The scope is there.

All speculation of course and still a number of major hurdles to go, the first of which will be the 2b results.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
33.5¢
Change
-0.100(23.0%)
Mkt cap ! $486.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 40.0¢ 23.0¢ $16.23M 50.19M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 704297 33.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
33.5¢ 102135 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.