CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

It's the 1.7mill institutional buy order at 11c that supporting...

1. 723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    It's the 1.7mill institutional buy order at 11c that supporting the share price at present. If that order was removed, I think we'd see a sharp fall back.

CFU have stated repeatedly that they only have enough cash to last through to the end of Q1 (i.e., the end of march). So they probably have around 4-6 weeks left of cash. If they haven't raised capital by then, they are not going to be able to pay employees or provide working capital. Basically, at this point, the company would grind to a sudden halt.

The $14.9mill worth of investments are probably in illiquid assets and can't be sold unless the company is prepared to accept a figure far below their economic value (= their fair value). In other words, if the company can't raise capital over the course of the next month, they might be forced to sell these illiquid 'investments' for a small fraction of their economic value ($2-3mill?? who knows??).

My best guess as to why an insto would want to aggressively buy in at this point (given that the company achieved 55% efficiency some time ago, and 60% could hardly have come as a surprise) is that the insto is confident that CFU will receive a large govt grant in the near future. There may have even been a leak from a UK source.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.