SPL 0.00% 9.9¢ starpharma holdings limited

Dear Confusedholders,"Any sort of serious takeover offer or...

1. 606 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Dear Confusedholders,

"Any sort of serious takeover offer or licensing proposal would be subject to extensive and secret due diligence work"

You appear to be confusing different things. A takeover offer and a licensing proposal are two very different things.

For a licensing proposal, due diligence would only be applicable to the particular product.

For a takeover proposal, if the BOD don't like the proposal then there would be a refusal to open the books, in which case there would be no due diligence at all. The books would only be opened for due diligence if a friendly t/o proposal was on the table. Maybe SPL have pissed off all the friendlies, just like they seem to have pissed off some regulatory agencies, some of their "partners" (and almost all of the scrapholders). There are unlikely to be many friendly suitors, otherwise they would have made their move a long time ago.

I think that the latest Viraleze trial results could open the door to possible proposals. If there are any proposals, they may or may not be welcomed by the BOD.

"the expectations of what the company and its products are worth in the mind of the board and management is not what the market or potential buyers think".

Again, you appear to be confusing different things. We know what the market thinks, but we don't know what potential buyers think. Obviously the market no longer thinks that SPL is worth very much. But we don't even know if there are any serious potential buyers. This is a gamble. Gamblers may place a bet if they think that there is sufficient meat for a big pharma to be interested.

And I would like to point out to the most confused holders of all, that happy band of tireless spruikers and dissers of other posters, I don't think that you are doing SPL any favours at all because I don't think that any company that is seriously interested in SPL would be in the slightest bit impressed by your ******, especially when it is directed against other posters. If you think that you are on SPL's side, as they say, who needs enemies? By associating SPL with your ******, you help to drag SPL down into the gutter. In contrast, any serious suitor will probably be very interested in facts and reasoned logic, which do actually appear here from time to time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.