IMM 2.50% 39.0¢ immutep limited

capital raising

1. 2,649 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249

When Springtree funding was relinquished, we expected a new and better funding deal was on the cards - why else do it?

Since we also learned of Nasdaq listing application, posters discussed the preferable order of those events with many preferring CR afterwards, in the expectation of listing-related (or more accurately, post-listing trading) SP increases.

However I'm not convinced it is necessarily a bad thing to get funding before instead of after.

For one thing, the SP is significantly higher than when listing application was first announced, and it would not hurt the perception of PRR to list with funding already secure.

As for the 'rumour', well CR's often leak prior because the funding is hawked around a bit and negotiations take place and value propositions are discussed and advice is sought by interested parties.

It is no secret that there must be further funding and potential funders don't usually like the deal to be the subject of announcements prior to the deal being done, so, I'm not that upset to hear a rumour of a funding arrangement getting closer.

If it proves true, it will be announced. If it is not true, or not very advanced, then I guess PRR will say so.

It doesn't seem especially worrying, as it is when say, a company not expected to do so, or which says it won't, suddenly does so.

In the case of PRR, holders all know they must raise further capital. All we want to know is how and under what terms and whether we can get some.

Rumours of a CR aren't really a management problem unless it is contrary to expectation and then it can be dire.

I note the SP did not come off and this is because holders both expect and want PRR to obtain more capital.

Again, my view, or response to events is different to the Red Roo's concerns, although I nonetheless remain interested to read them and keep an open mind to more critical views.

There used to be another 'red' nic poster in previous years who also made me consider the significance of events in a bit more detail than I would have otherwise.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $566.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 39.5¢ 38.5¢ $997.5K 2.559M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 85852 38.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.0¢ 75389 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.