LYC 0.66% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

vvg26, why you feel the need to indicate that i have failed at...

1. 3,767 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 251
    vvg26,

why you feel the need to indicate that i have failed at something baffles me when you are not part of the board of directors of Lynas or privy to the dealings within the board room of lynas. No personal attacks necessary or required thanks.

I was simply indicating a dissatisfaction with the manner in which the raising of funds has been handled.

You would assume, that NC has been aware of a funding issue for some time. You can also assume that, pending the lifting of the stay on the 8Th Nov, the business will require funding moving forward to feed production to sales.

we can obviously state that debt funding does not dilute/damage existing share value and would be the best/cheapest option if possible.

Long term holders have been waiting for positive news since early in the year and it was quite obvious that the value of the company was contingent on the outcome of the case 8th nov. Noting that the case was positive for Lynas and there is enough cash to hold the company for at least several weeks, many opportunities for a cheaper alternative to a capital raise have been left out to the detriment of existing share holders, in particular the retail holders. Insto's have been put first in this instance.

For a multibillion dollar entity about to go into production, with government and royal support, i dare say debt funding would have been very possible, given the future supply contracts in place. debt funding would have been cheaper for lynas and not dilute share holder value.

Long term shareholders have been waiting for this news for a great length of time and there are definitely alternate funding options that were cheaper for Lynas.

Even without a TOL approved LAMP Lynas was able to raise hundreds of Millions, so imagine what they may have raised now.

Personally, i have assisted many deals in the past and it is quite clear that Lynas were in the box seat to raise funds now, renegotiate with existing lenders any covenants, at a cost much more desirable for share holders.

In saying that, we all learn about our directors and ceo in times like these.

The fact that we are hearing 'discount', the very day after the company has been given the green light to go into production, says everything about the lack of concern given to shareholders. There are trillions of dollars out there waiting for deals like these.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.040(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.80 $6.06 $5.76 $50.03M 8.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3840 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 39097 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.