LYC 0.66% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

capital raising, page-51

1. 1,989 Posts.
    efed

I am not going to argue the ins and outs of this with you as neither of us are in a position to comment or really speculate with any degree of knowledge on the timing. However, here is one comment from an Intsitution and as I see it they are not also not so convinced about the strength Lynas had in raising funds, as you do:

Quote:

Lynas entered into a trading halt this morning to raise the fresh funds as it moved quickly to tap into improved investor sentiment towards the company after its quick 10 per cent rally yesterday when the legal threat to the start-up of its Malaysian refinery was removed.

But the focus is now firmly on its balance sheet - and its need for cash/Lynas needs to finalise a new working capital facility "imminently", JPMorgan told its clients in a note earlier today.

"We estimate Lynas will have only $14 million in unrestricted cash by year end. Given there is still a five month ramp-up period to come, Lynas is looking to secure a new working capital facility.

"We believe it has been difficult for Lynas to finalise arrangements with financial institutions until a firm start-date for the LAMP was achieved and this underlines the importance of the resolution to the court proceedings, notwithstanding any further appeals."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/lynas-calls-for-cash-after-share-rally-20121109-2927k.html#ixzz2Bhd8VFju

Lastly, it is not uncommon for a company to raise on the back of good news. Besides which there is plenty of good news to come from LYC and so too for its SP in the next 12 months - so whilst in the short term the SP may not go far - that's of little concern if you are in for the longer term....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.040(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.80 $6.06 $5.76 $50.03M 8.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3840 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 39097 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.