BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

Sorry, another one of my boring stories:I was once invested in...

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Sorry, another one of my boring stories:

I was once invested in this company called Dyesol when the stock was over $1. I am no longer a shareholder and was enticed to sell, at a small profit.

I have continued to look at it and saw it fall to 8.9cents just on a year ago. If I hadn't have made a promise to myself not to buy any more shares, I would have bought at 10c, as the technology (a solar paint) is extremely promising.

A couple of good announcements (regarding efficacy and durability) over the last month has seen the stock rise to 53c. A 500% rise from it's low. Still well down on a year ago, but it just demonstrates what a couple of good announcement can do. Of course Dyesol has a really good product, but it sure can't cure HIV and HCV.

Of course the companies couldn't be more different, but human emotions are not. The fear of missing out on a truly spectacular run on BLT on the back of RAC recommendation and safe dosing of the first patient in the Calimmune trial could see the stock fly. A hat-trick followed shortly after with the go-ahead from the FDA should keep the stock up until the fun and games really start during the HCV trial.

I'm not worried too much about dilution as money to progress is essential for the sp to breakout and stay up, rather than just falling back again on investor nerves of impending dilution.

I will worry however, it this is purely shareholder driven, but I think that BLT have heard from enough shareholders to realise that this probably wouldn't be successful, unless it is fully underwritten.

I wonder if Gene Ray (Medistem's billionnaire investor) is in the picture. He would obviously be aware of BLT, as John Chiplin (BLT's non-exec director) recently joined the board of Medistem. Surely, this can't be a coincidence, especially in light of the fact that the companies have collaborated on research for arthritis. A $10million investment would be pocket change to him. All just speculation of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.