MSB 4.69% $1.45 mesoblast limited

Capital raising, page-17

1. 683 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 223
    True true...

Lets look outside of just MSB's compassionate use trials for a logical trend.

Pluristem announced recently their early trails gave similarly impressive results to MSB.

China's small study success with MSC's were a resounding success (the arrogant in us will run with the China theme that they fabricate everything in that country, but I think this is a mistake and generalisation running with the media).

From memory another small study (I don't have time to find the exact article), at a lab in the US did a trial with great results.

MSC's and their mechanism of action is proven to work in other cytokine storm systemic issues GVHD.

90+% of MSC's go to the lungs first when injected so they are naturally highly targeted just through physical delivery to the needed location.
    Any studies that have failed in part (ie. the LVAD study) were the result of cells not getting to where they were supposed to, but ended up fixing other problems where they finally ended up (GI system).

It is argued that it is a small study from MSB and can't be relied upon.

BUT what you have to ask yourself is...

1. Are all these small studies just anomalies and statistical luck? If you put a statistician to it, the probability of these positive string of results using MSC's would be 1 in a million (or much more).
    2. How much efficacy would it take in a worse case scenario to beat something like Redmesivir for efficacy?

Everyone is waiting for the trial results to be sure, but the weight of unofficial evidence is huge that MSC's are the treatment to solve this crisis. Waiting for confirmation when confirmation is already statistically here and the results are a formality leaves a lot of money on the table buying in post announcement.

I have a large position in MSB but I am unlikely to find a set of circumstances like this again in my lifetime so I am still accumulating if I see any weakness.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.