capitulation point, page-13

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80

"We are near the bottom"

I wish, Kenneth.....but are we?
    Some think the US has still a long way to go....downwards.
    And of course, we will go with them. We havent any real choice there, have we?

I was just reading:

"Banking faces huge losses ahead, and informed insiders assume a far larger federal bailout will be needed--after the election. No one wants to upset voters by talking about it now. The next President, once in office, can break the bad news. It's not only about the money--with debate silenced, a dangerous line has been crossed. Hundreds of billions in open-ended relief has been delivered to the largest and most powerful mega-banks and investment firms, while government offers only weak gestures of sympathy for struggling producers, workers and consumers."

Full article: http://www.thenation.com/doc/20080818/greider

A lengthy and frightening exposure of the US situation.
    Give it even just 50% credibility, and you will still fear for the future. And another fear emerges......if the situation is really so bad, the Bush Administration has absolutely nothing to lose by starting another war, they think.

I've been hanging in for the long term, but I'm thinking I stuffed up badly and a comfortable retirement has gone out the window. It was my call, I guess, but I have an ever increasing feel of contempt for the corrupt Wall St brigade.

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.