LYC 0.29% $6.92 lynas rare earths limited

capitulation, page-20

1. 2,364 Posts.
    Dobbsy,
    Thanks for the kind words; there are many other posters here who also deserve recognition for contributing thoughtful posts on this forum.

You’ve inspired me (rightly or wrongly) to reflect on my history as a LYC holder.

I became aware of LYC mid 2010 and saw it as a great investment that was (importantly) green. In the intervening 2 ½ years I’ve read the relevant environmental documentation and haven’t budged one inch on that. (I have a pretty good physics/ environmental science background.)

I invested in July 2010 @ $0.67 and rode the bubble to $2.70. I had serious thoughts of cashing up a portion of my holdings but decided not to because of tax implications.

Down, down, down. I thought the markets were (at least in part) rational and was given a huge lesson.
    I bought again with good timing @$0.80: just before the TOL approval. Doubled to $1.60 and life was good. For a bit.

Then again the relentless grinding down to (at the bottom) $0.55 last week. Massively underpriced IMO despite a drop in the basket price.

Where does that leave me?

About 5% down, wiser and still positive!
    I now know to take some profits off the table when they’re healthy. I know that the fundamentals are only part of a share’s price on the market.

But I also know that the basket price is higher than when I invested. I know that Lynas (despite ongoing delays and extra hurdles) is on the verge of being the premiere producer of REE and that being ex-China is a huge plus.

I’ve been wrong many times in this saga but I still believe that when Lynas is in (much delayed) production it will rerate to fundamentals which is a healthy multiple of the present price.

On the other hand, I’ve been mostly wrong so far…… so don’t take my word for it!

Best wishes all long term holders. Including me: I'm holding until we're making money!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.92
Change
-0.020(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $6.468B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.95 $6.97 $6.87 $16.72M 2.418M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5820 $6.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.93 15020 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.