PAR 10.9% 24.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

Captain - Stay the course!

1. 4,095 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6561

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2299/2299281-8e682786b473d6e46a18a38f33131bc9.jpgere at PAR HC headquarters we have been getting a number of questions and posts over the last few months about Covid 19 and if PAR can look at this virus at least in terms of efficacy against the symptoms. I myself asked this burning question early on back at the start of March. Let's briefly revisit this issue more for the new guys that have recently joined us but have not had a chance to go through the many posts to be found in the many threads here amongst us. The 'sea' theme will become a bit more apparent as you read on...

I truly suspect that the iPPS drug would have some real benefit for Covid patients. I would in no way say that it can cure it or can act as a vaccine...but I do suspect if nothing else, it could be instrumental in the reduction of inflammation particularly in the lungs. A good chance to state here that I'm no Doc, I'm no Scientist, I'm no Sea Fairn' Explorer and you need to not rely on me for any speculation be it directly or indirectly, I'm not qualified to do so. It's just my humble opinion.You make up your own mind, come to your own conclusions.

I say there could be some merit in iPPS for Covid19 because we know our drug has a great effect on inflammatory conditions and specifically the lungs can come under attack due to the effects of Covid19...mucus builds up...the branches in the lungs get blocked and an inflammatory response is triggered...iPPS could possibly help in this area to alleviate at least some of this mess...to reduce the inflammation just enough so that the body can have a chance to fight back and clear the debris and fight the virus and all of that with little or no side effects.

WHY doesn't PAR simply start looking into this....this is the question, in brief, that I tackle tonight.

Ok Paradigmers, and specially new guys...the single best way to think of this situation is using a very large container ship. Huh? This will be interesting...

You are the captain of the ship...it's a big one and it has been sailing for days and days..now before we go any further with this, I want you to understand just what exactly I'm talking about.A typical shipping container comes in two size..a small box and a large box...the large one is 40 ft long weighs about 3.6 tonnes empty and about 31 tonnes full.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2299/2299315-9ff2243eb30f5642d9235273f7fd16a4.jpg
    Where is Mozz going with this? Two typical sized containers used on the high seas for transportation of Billions of dollars of goods...

These containers, pictured above, can hold some 48,000 bananas or 12,000 shoe boxes..yes these are big numbers...how many does a ship hold? Well the ship I'm getting YOU to think about can hold about 6,000 of these containers...the largest freighter on earth does 18,000 1 of the smaller half sized containers (20 ft) containers (pictured on the left above)...these are not typos..these are very very large ships.

Mozz, where are you going with this....stay with my young Paradigmers....this is the ship you are sailing, it has three big letters painted in massive red on the side...P........A .......R.You are just carrying two types of containers... iPPS batches for OA...and ones for MPS....now along the route to Baltimore (I think that's the closest shipping port to the FDA headquarters in Maryland FDA?) someone yells out to you from some place in between while you are sailing along..."Hey Cap'n I'll pay you $ 3 million to divert your ship for a few months to unload some of your cargo to research, experiment, to trial and tackle Covid19".... Mate you would laugh at them and tell them that you are transporting some $2 Billion of potential revenue..that's a massive sea-bird in the hand compared to nothing in the proverbial water-bush that so many other labs are feverishly working on, and pleasantly wave them goodbye as you continue sailing forth.

It is almost impossible to stop a ship of such a size, turn it on a dime and de-port somewhere in between on a little more than a whim.

We do not have the resources.
    We do not have the staff.
    We do not have the cash.
    We do not have the time or the patience and for what reward? We stop the ship...we unload...and now you tell me that some other ship has already docked first? On the other hand we could serious delay or even jeopardise our current path..why would we ever risk that ? To simply recruit the staff and the labs to even begin planning for such a diversion would take up valuable time...if we chase Covid19 and someone beats us or it takes us too long...at the same time there is a chance we could lose both a potential Covid19 solution AND OA/MPS, or at the very least we could delay our current thrust by years ...this can't be allowed to happen, we should not get distracted. Plenty of time in the future to 'chase' many...many other indications armed with multiple numbers of current staff and huge cash amounts to burn that we would require.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2299/2299329-e2ecbdc53e6da6cf18609988ec04c903.jpg
    Your ship...no way we are diverting her....

PAR will remain on track...sailing the high seas with such ferociousness...no matter we get 15 ft waves battering us...no matter the little speed boats [competition] speed ahead of us with sensational articles that they have some solution for OA and are paving the way for their own ships [drugs and medicines] to one day traverse a similar path (they are years behind us, don't worry) or can alleviate the symptoms with just a few side effects..it makes no difference..we are on a massive course with a huge payload and there ain't no stopping us and our job at hand. We have the research behind us, we have diligently recruited some of the best crew [staff] talent in the world...we have the team and are adequately backed for the important task at hand. We even have a chief stevedore in port [Dr D Felson] to help guide us through the harbour.

Paradigmers, I can also liken this to our own personal respective holdings of PAR. AbsentFriend recently posted a couple of his entry points...87 cents and $4.25...not unlike me..being a student of volatility I can go one better at both extremes, my first parcel was $0.35 at IPO but so called 'clever Mozz' also bought some even beyond our friend's $4.25, I think I scored some at $4.28 *hurt*. BUT my point here is that we must stay the course. We aren't buying to quickly trade out when it hits $4.29...when it hits $5. No at least I am holding for a lot longer...I know the potential..I know what course we are on.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2299/2299366-1b292dfd63eec2b16e66a8b70d6c3e90.jpg
    Batten down the hatches [don't panic sell them shares] during rougher times. (My views)

I acknowledge that the seas are mighty and can be a rough sail even for the biggest of shipping vessels at times...the market is often wrong..it's ill informed...it does not know what the actualities might be...it can only forecast and assume...finally it is made up of so many individuals...it has not the knowledge you and I have....how many random NON Hot Coperians have heard the actual stories from other seafarers [patients] speak about their actual experiences...? I tell a few of my knowledgeable friends, even a broker or two and even they haven't even HEARD of Paradigm let alone iPPS or the patient's stories.

Let me offer a quote from one of the best, Benjamin Graham, he was Warren Buffet's mentor:

"If you have formed a conclusion from the facts and if you know your judgement is sound, act on it -even though others my hesitate or differ. You are neither right nor wrong because the crowd disagrees with you".

Ahiee Me Hearties [Esteemed Paradigmers], we know our facts..we have researched, we have read..we have heard directly from the posters that have had the injections themselves...that have told us the sheer pain..the discomfort and what they went through prior to the treatment. We then heard their own stories, their own evidence of what iPPS did for them, how their lives changed...there were no side effects, the efficacy and the good results and what they are achieving today...swimming [walking] now all those km's per day, taking on stairs without worry. From 8's to 2's...from close to 9's to ZERO pain...people able to play golf again, active footy players once more...the list goes on.

In just a few weeks (my opinion) we should get the EAP results, others will finally know who we are and what we have. Forget PAR working towards a solution for Covid 19..leave it to the others..someone will hopefully come up with a vaccine...we have our SUPER precisional focus on the two large indications OA and MPS...this is who we are and the ocean [market] is vast, we will not be distracted.

DYOR

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2299/2299439-02316129e1f88928ffff01b296da12f6.jpg

APPENDIX A

For lovers of facts (err that's me mainly) the Benjamin Franklin is one of the biggest shipping vessels on the oceans today. If you stood it on it's end it would dwarf the eiffel tower!

Ok listen to this one, a typical crew on one of these babies is 24...I reckon that's not far from the number of PAR staff we have at the moment!

What about this one for you budding engineer types...the engine on the Benjamin looks like
    this:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2299/2299395-c13d04adffbb70ec957537ec67c4d6f5.jpg

...it's all of 80,000 horsepower...I reckon that's the amount of patients we will treat in the first full of year of OA - Go Ahead.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2299/2299407-5e42304c24ef461358021cc83e47a513.jpg

Last edited by Mozzarc: 14/07/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.030(10.9%)
Mkt cap ! $85.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
27.5¢ 27.5¢ 24.0¢ $429.9K 1.713M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 161991 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 29634 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.0¢
  Change
-0.030 ( 7.51 %)
Open High Low Volume
27.0¢ 27.0¢ 23.5¢ 433775
Last updated 15.57pm 03/05/2024 ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.