HVN 5.27% $4.79 harvey norman holdings limited

Yeah, there are many who trash Gerry on the basis of fiddly...

1. 1,221 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 158
    Yeah, there are many who trash Gerry on the basis of fiddly accounting but the bottom line is that his business model works. Anyone who wants furniture in particular goes to Harvey Norman and they will match on line pricing.

The hidden gem in the business model is the fact that Harvey own not leases his property. Sure, franchisees might be screwed a little but they make good money anyhow.

And also, for those critics who lamblast Gerry over his $2.50 cap raise (yes, this gives Gerry more stake cheaply in his own Company and its dilutes shareholders who don’t take up rights - but who would not!) well I think those who criticise are non shareholders who can’t participate

I bought HVN several years ago for around $2.20, happy to accumulate more at prices below $4.00. Worries about recession or another GFC are unfounded, in my view. Sure, there will be market downturns, and that will be a trigger to buy more HVN, to enjoy also 5+% fully franked dividend, and annual discounted equity raising.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.79
Change
0.240(5.27%)
Mkt cap ! $5.968B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.57 $4.81 $4.56 $16.13M 3.399M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 11528 $4.77

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.79 338 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.