AVX 0.00% 2.5¢ avexa limited

captn kirk must go, page-7

1. 1,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66
    Dirty man,

I was making a post to all and sundry, not in reply to a particular post or poster. Your points are reasonable to pose, but difficult to support because we don't know the facts of what has gone on and so therefore its difficult to conclude anything has been done incorrectly or could have been done better at the time (forgetting about Harry Hindsight 20/20 vision - I'm pretty good at that too).

Lets go through your points one by one - not to be a nit picking annoyance, but simply to show there are two sides to this.

First.."we currently have a spare seat. might as well fill it. what is the harm? "

The harm is that the board is united, but is unlikely to stay that way if someone who is openly disparaging of the current board suddenly joins it. I doubt that will be harmonious and I doubt it will be helpful.

Second: "im sure the bod had the full (public) support of the executive in the period prior to closing the atc trial....."

Not a big deala nd hardly relevant now, but you and I both know that is not true. Public maybe (albeit muted) but private - cmon, you know the story as well as I do.

Third: "I didn't encourage or fuel the fire regarding kirksters removal. im happy for him to stay.... I just think he needs some help (naturally you don't)."

In theory, fine. But if he needs help, then identify the area he needs help in, let the candidate explain how he's going to help and have them demonstrate that they thhave the expertise to provide it. That is why this whole business of "the board should have done better, so vote me in" is so shallow. Give us a reasone to vote FOR a candidate and don't just rely on saying you'd like things to be better. We ALL want things to be better. Tell us how YOU will do it.

Fourth: "with the current AUD v USD depreciation, this coal thing will cost around 15% more than anticipated. you would think someone from an accounting background may have parked significant funds in a us based bank account to capture this benefit. what's the chances this occurred?"

No idea. Not sure we want them to engage ins currency speculation as well do we? How much of your money did you park in the US if it was so obvious that the currency would fall by 20%?

Fifth: "now to completely contradict myself, as long as jc & sc are there, me couldn't give too hoots about the others."

Hey - me too, so lets not start parachuting inexperienced 'others' into a management team we're both happy with. Seems to me that might risk alienating and posing the very people you're already happy with.

Cheers. CB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.