Mack67 ..so very true , you describe the " mid life " crisis 50+...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    Mack67 ..so very true , you describe the " mid life " crisis 50+ well ..

But , back to these so called " hoons " , as a cyclist I have really started to notice these kids , and it is scarey .

I dont watch todaytonight , so didnt see the actual program .

Let me make a declaration first , Im 49 years old ( hate admitting that ) , I was never a hoon as a kid , as in the driver , but I got in many cars that drove this way , there were numerous incidents , I thought I was okey , because I was NOT driving ..I of course realise in hindsight how stupid I was , and how dangerous it was , but like ALL young I thought it would never happen to me and luckily it didn't ..I have conveyed this information to my daughters , and they have a much better view on the subject than I did . I should have been killed at 21 , when at 1.05 am , intoxicated ( driver and passenger ) we drove straight over a tram safety zone in St.kilda road melbourne at maybe 85 k ..it was a wreck .

The point I guess , is that this stuff is not new , Im not sure just giving penalties works , but agree ..we MUST do something , just too many cars these days . As I ride as soon as I see any P plates , particularly on a high powered car I take cover , the music is loud , the kid has an inflated opinion of his/her skill , they really have little idea ..Its a huge problem .

Young females 18 - 24 ( generally ) drive a little slower , but are way too confident also , they might NOT be hoons , but they are NOT skilled drivers , they think they are ...

When you are on a bike ( road bike ..not motor ) one small mistake by them or you ..and you are DEAD , Its extremely unnerving ..

I dont have the answers , but we certainly need to address these " Hoon " drivers ..just so much at stake .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.