car hoons, page-24

1. 11,316 Posts.
    Hi Towie,

If All car drivers,which I would believe must be push bike riders at sometime.

I will repeat, if car drivers drove like push bike riders, we would have more deaths on the roads.

I would say there is no one reading this that have not seen push bike riders going through red lights. Not just late getting through, but arriving at a red light and riding through.

Crossing over to the wrong side of the road head on to traffic, to go to a shop.Taking short cuts.

Riding two or more abreast, having no regards for their own safety,EXPECTING the motorist who is going a lot faster to move closer to center line,or over it, to on coming traffic to miss them.

When push bike riders show more respect to car drivers and the road rules, they will receive MORE respect from me.

Pedestrians, are the same,demanding right of way over cars on roads that motorist pay to be on.

Bottom line, non car users on the road, should act accordingly to your vulnerability.

Mums picking their kids up at school is another dangerous exercise that most seem unaware of, going by their lazy and dangerous habits.

Don't put your life in the hands of a complete stranger.

Towie, I think a small fee for a number plates to identify the rider of the push bike would be a good Idea.

Not for the bike, but on the back and front of the helmet.

Register the rider, not the bike.

The bike don't break road rules, the rider does.

Also in case of accident,if rider has no I.D. on them, like kids, the helmet number will make contact to parents faster.

It would be a lot easier to secure your helmet than a bike.

e.g. you can take your helmet to work ,shopping and into your bedroom for I.D. security.

cheers,

sypaladin

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.