Got a quote from Youi recently - took over half an hour on the...

1. 937 Posts.
    Got a quote from Youi recently - took over half an hour on the phone with them, and was hopelessly uncompetitive. Even after being told they were $200 higher than competitors, they still kept phoning multiple times to ask if I would be taking up their offer !

From the questions they asked, it seems obvious as to me that they are trying to cherry pick the lowest risk people to insure, and quote much higher prices if even one factor falls outside their ideal customer. In our case it was that the vehicle was parked on the street for about 3 hours a day (in a small country town) during part-time work hours, rather than being locked away in secure parking.....

If you leave your car locked in the garage 90% of the time, only drive it when there are no other cars on the road, don't take it out in the rain, and never park in a public place......I'm sure they will give a sensible quote !

AAMI recently lost our long term business after experiencing their crappy customer service when we had to make a minor claim - a huge change for the worse from an accident claim made about 15 years ago, when I couldn't fault them. These days, I review all insurance premiums every second year at most - as others have said, be prepared to pay a "lazy tax" if you just blindly stick with the same insurer.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.