TYR 1.49% 99.0¢ tyro payments limited

Cara Waters - Sydney Morning Herald, page-9

1. 396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 195
    The really concerning part of this article @rsanchez98 is that Cara Waters has not done her due diligence in researching the Law Firm (Bannister Law), before publishing. If Cara did, it would have been obvious to her that this Law Firm is small in scale, has not actually settled a class action and appears to take credit for work done by the ACCC. They literally have zero chance of extracting any compensation from Tyro. They simply don't have the size or scale to see this through. If there was any substance to the claim, a larger Law Firm would certainly pick this up.

Some Tyro customers (businesses) will receive compensation directly from Tyro for the small losses they experienced (as Tyro have said they will do). Those Tyro customers who have signed onto this class action will then need to share this with Bannister Law- as they are been legally represented. This could be the whole point? Quick money making exercise, and publicity, as they did with Nurofen- where the ACCC did all the work. They may not have any motivation to actually start a class action, rather receive a portion of any compensation Tyro customers are going to receive anyway.

I don't question Cara's motive, but I certainly believe she needs to apply a little more rigour to her writing and conduct a little more research. I would expect more from a Tech and Start Up's Editor for The Age. I would also caution Tyro business customers from getting involved with this firm. At least find out the percentage Bannister will receive from any potential compensation owed.

(I'm honestly scratching my head trying to work out how this article is news worthy? We have to laugh though I guess)

This is only my opinion, DYOR.

See my original post below.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/tyro-class-action.5900447/page-19?post_id=50894375

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
-0.015(1.49%)
Mkt cap ! $519.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.02 $1.02 98.5¢ $933.6K 937.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 32702 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 14454 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.