carbon dioxide emissions tax myth, page-11

1. 1,600 Posts.
    I'm sure Prof. Christy has great credentials, I just think it is interesting that they chose that particular "expert" when our country has it's very own. He appears to be an academic from the university of Alabama, which certainly ISN'T a particularly prestigious university. If you check the world league tables, it comes in at #351 worldwide:
    http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010

Note that the university of Melbourne comes in at #38, university of Sydney at #37 and the Australian National University at #20. Why didn't they get an "expert" from there instead of a university ranked #351? Furthermore, the CSIRO has a whole division devoted to atmospheric research and would be well placed to comment on what impact any reductions in Australia's CO2 emissions might have. Did they just choose an expert that was prepared to support a particular view of this issue?

It seems to me that many people are more than willing to throw their beliefs behind somebody with a PhD, just because it backs up their own personal beliefs. Just because an "expert" on our local radio said something, it doesn't make it true.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.