carbon tax - 1st casualty of war is the truth, page-38

1. 93 Posts.
    scitty,

you said,

"Clearly don't understand the issue of how co2 emissions will be paid for either under Gillards carbon tax or under a broader worldwide strategy.

Maybe you expect Botswana to pick up our tab.

What we emit we will have to pay for it, the higher the per capita outputs, the more the cost per capita.

Its not rocket science".

You are right - clearly I do not understand this tax

Even if I was a "believer" and had faith in the climate science and trusted politicians claims of "absolutes" rather than one of many "scientific theories"...

Even if I believed that carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is causing the recent spate of bad weather we are experiencing...

Even if all this was absolutely certain I do not understand why 23 million people out of a world population of 7 billion should be taxed on a "per capita" basis for the carbon dioxide they are supposed to be "polluting" the planet with...

As I said earlier in this thread. We emit 1.35% of world carbon dioxide. We are no. 15 emitter in the world..

We are 0.33 percent of the world population...

To name just one resource we produce and send around the world - coal - we were the 4th largest producer of coal in 2009.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_coal_production

What other "dirty" stuff do we make that is sold overseas?

The Australian people are being labelled as one of the "highest per capita emitters in the world" and you think we should pay more tax for supplying the world with resources??

you are happy to pay more tax even though on a "per capita basis" we are NOT THE END USER of these resources - almost all of it is exported.

Can I ask you a question?

Given the facts about how much carbon we produce (1.35% of world CO2) and given we are .33% of the worlds population, can you please explain how taxing Australians and reducing our carbon dioxide emissions (even by 100%) is going to change the weather locally or globally??

This tax is supposed to be about stopping Australia's so called pollution - "we are spewing too much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere aren't we? Is it Australian's "high per capita emission" that is creating the bad weather or not???

The foundation of this debate - according to Kombet is that Australia needs to "tackle the problem of climate change"

How will this tax achieve that???

Please explain

BTW - Botswana is one of the wealthiest nations in Africa and also excellent to visit safaris...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.