ECT 25.0% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

carbon tax and esi, page-2

1. 6,284 Posts.
    ''Base loaders load bases''would also make a good name for this thread !

Yes thyshift , TIMING..

.. game plane is late in the last innings now.

Why would State and Fed Govts be slashing FiT ( feed in tariffs ) this month on all solar panel installations ?

Vic FiT for example has been cut from 60c per KwHr to 25c this month .....That will be a massive blow to the green movt and the flourishing solar panel installation industry.

Why have a number of proposed very large scale wind farms also been canned this month ?

I think 3 proposed for Vic just as a local example are now non viable and will not be built under the current changes.

What have the Coal Base loaders and the gas peak loaders demanded from Greg Combet and Peter Beattie in return for compliance with a carbon trading scheme ?

Why did Bob Brown, bob down, on brown coal and come up backing the ets ?

I am waiting for an enviro article to appear in the paper media entitled ''Base loaders Load Bases ''

But then again,, maybe not,,, because, I reckon Bob Brown has been told to play ball,,, keep his tree hugging space cadets under control for a while,,, eg no more hippies chained to conveyor belts for the duration,,, and to condone the tempo of environment change,,, or suffer political consequences.

Browns backing of the ets would not have come without a lot of back room hurt.

I reckon the slashing of FiT and canning the removal of wind incentives is the result of having to give in to ''reality''.

Reality being ''owned and run'' for the next 3 decades at least by the base load generators c/- extant politics and legislation.

The original govt coal supply to generators agreement ( legislation ) having at least 3 decades to run,,, would break the country's bank if it was put into default.

I think it was Menzies who put it there to guarantee the stability of coal power generation for generations to come,, and if you can remember back that far,,, we were more worried about the lack of greenhouse effect then, due to the climate experts of the time warning us of the ''then'' impending mini ''ice age'' that we were all going to suffer from the 60's onwards !!,,, but then,,, Sol ( our sun) unexpectedly turned up it's thermostat a notch,,,and will just as unexpectedly flick it back again during this cycle

The pay out to coal users would be in the trillions.

I read in an environmentalist article yesterday, that Australia is well poised to trump the Asian Electricity market by building a Low Loss HV DC power cable into South East Asia ( similar to the Bass Straight cable) incorporating as it stated,, Clean coal,Hydro, gas, wind, and solar grids as it winds its way northwards. We benefit from the carbon creds as the end user pays . It is considered many times cheaper capex & opex, as more coal will not need to be transported to the end users in SE Asia. Nor would they need to build more power stations.

I would not usually expect such an article condoning renewable and non renewable power generation working together in an enviro e news blog,, even though realists would concur that solar, wind, geothermal, hydro grids are the way of the future,, strategic placement is more suited to highest yeild / lowest environmental impact positioning.

Hence, one green article could not understand why it only takes one person within 2km to effectively railroad a wind farm with reasonable enviro objection, but thousands of signatures did not stop a recent coal mine being expanded to within 800 metres of a school........

Pollies remind me of the king who demanded the tide turn back... we have little effect on the planet or its cycles.

( re: low loss HV DC proposal,,Northern Asia, China would remain a coal exporting snow balling ball game either way.)

Appologies from digressing from ''carbon tax and esi'' I added a few more ''ands, if's or buts'' .
    cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $9.515M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $297 79.57K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
55 17643627 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 14484105 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.