RoseThere are many countries where people can hide money,...

1. 18,176 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Rose

There are many countries where people can hide money, including Great Britain and various associated Isles. I visit Switzerland regularly and didn't really expect this snide shot. My experience there is that the wealth generated by banking translates mostly into a costly lifestyle for the ordinary citizen - it is still a wonderful experience to go there on holidays, because the country-side is beautiful and the country itself is well-kept, cities beautiful, individual houses never run-down - maybe a little too perfect for some.

I also thought the majority of conservative posters on the politics thread would feel an affinity for a country which appreciates wealth and is conservative, i.e. granting voting rights for woman fairly late - many Swiss women are housewives only, although that is changing. Yes, the men do have guns, but they also have to go on training on a yearly basis. I have yet to see the kind of shoot-outs you get regularly in the U.S. in Switzerland. Guns also do not figure in domestic violence. The Swiss are generally responsible people who have good manners and a sense of humour, but also a certain amount of 'gravitas' which translates into a sense of responsibility.

I am not Swiss-born, BTW.

Cheers

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.