carbon tax - elsewhere - 1. switzerland, page-16

1. 18,255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176
    dharry

Yes, Switzerland is neutral, i.e. they have no obligations to anyone to do something about their emissions. But I guess the pressure from their neighbours may have had something to do with it, many of whom have introduced environmental taxes in the mid-nineties. One result of which I saw in Austria 2 years ago - they are burning all of their municipal waste in the larger cities in low-emission furnaces; and funnelling the heat into pipe-systems which heat large municipal housing estates; all done by digging up the roads and making 3m deep trenches to lay those huge pipes.

You could also say one reason Denmark relies so much on windpower are their high environmental taxes, but I suspect it is their unique situation of being an Island nation in the middle of often very stormy weather, similarly to the Netherlands.

Coming back to Switzerland: "Fraud"?

I think that's a pretty nasty comment. Most large bankers in Europe's capital citis, as well as London and the U.S.A. etc. etc. would have some accounts and see some transactions they'd rather not talk about, I'm sure. But what do I know - I don't have enought money to hide it!

Cheers

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.