CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

This is not really the right forum for this, but the dribble...

1. 455 Posts.
    This is not really the right forum for this, but the dribble needs a response.

I am pro planet but anti stupidity...

The problem here is that two totally seperate things are being rolled into one argument in a desperate hope to confuse...

1. Climate change may be real and we may need to do something about it.
    2. This scheme will not (by their own admissions) fix the problem (but if you don't support it you MUST be a 'denier')

I dont think anyone would mind contributing to helping the planet where we can, but this carbon tax is just a feel good program for suckers.

'Tax the top 500 polluters' they say...
    ----ummmm, do you think that they wont pass it all on to consumers? Their bottom line will be fine, but the consumers bottom line wont.(But even then, my taxes will be given back to those polluters, so where is the incentive again???)

Ooooooooh, thats right...that will change consumers spending habits though, and THAT will drive change..... ooooops, might work for a can of tuna, but what about electricity, gas and any other utility bill you get.... (you know, the bills where you don't have a real choice and you cant escape....) the bills that actually will reduce the standard of living of most people?? Not to mention drive business off shore.

But the environment IS MUCH MORE important than money, I agree. If this plan was going to make a serious contribution to helping the planet (global warming or not) then I think we would all put up with the above.

I love how on both sides, only the scientists that support their argument can be right.

And lastly and most importantly, all we ask is that in this democracy that it is taken to an election with the electorate given as much education as they can prior. Why don't they do this? Because this scheme is a joke and there is NO way it can be sold without just pure spin.

This thread should probably be closed as it is really off topic now.....

Go CCC

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.