I hoped common sense may have prevailed and some more discerning...

1. 1,182 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I hoped common sense may have prevailed and some more discerning Labor figures may have crossed the floor on this vote for the sake of putting this issue to bed. I guess my hope was unrealistic considering Labor has not only undertaken but are pinning all hopes on their version of Abbott’s obstructive strategy.

They left truly believe they have Abbott on the ropes and only time before the Coalition buckle under pressure. They will be waiting until the next election when they realise this strategy had run its course and they are looking more like a pantomime than feasible alternative.

Labor needs to distance itself from the Greens because their close association remains toxic. The Labor base is working people that have limited time nor care for big ideological ticket items. They want stable government, stable employment opportunities and retention of their beloved Australian culture amongst other things.

The Greens lack any governing, economic, or cultural rationality and exist primarily to feed the more extreme and naive chickens in our community. Labor and the Greens however remain in an uncomfortable conundrum. Neither can exist without the other yet most of their historical ideologies are at loggerheads. Labor need the ‘Carbon Tax’ issue put to bed while at the same time look to be in touch with the inner city crowds (that also control much of the media).

If the new Senate doesn’t work out (and repeal the CT) then Shorten will need to employ a little subterfuge. Engage a few “rogue” (in this case meaning loyal) Labor Senators to cross the floor while at the same time condemn their actions as outrageous. Once the Tax is gone blame Abbott and if necessary valiantly discard the rogue senators for their environmental treason (of course ensuring they are properly looked after).
    Problem solved for both the Labor Party and more importantly Australia!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.