carbon tax , page-63

1. 92 Posts.
    Yay for price on carbon! Important change we need to have. It's been kicked around long enough lets get on and do it.

I really don't get all the whingers on this one. There are three big wins for me here.

It's going to have minimal impact on every day budgets. What impact it is going to have is going to be compensated. The small impact it does have will change habits - which we need to do since we pollute more per capita than anyone else. Note I said change habits, not have lower standard of living. Yes you can have both!

It's going to have plenty of impact on big polluters - 2 of our dirtiest coal fired power stations have already been declared non-viable under it and one is at the moment being converted into something cleaner in SA (they not fully decided what it is yet).

It's going to give business something definite to forecast to. Uncertainty stifles our business and certainty loosens the reins. This answers questions for business and lets them plan.

I love all those who don't have the brain cells to rub together always fall back on the conspiracy theories. It's the wealthy out to get more money, or the government out to get us. If I went back and read 'blogs' from centuries ago on any big change like this what's the bet I would hear plenty of exactly the same words. Move forward people - not in the past. Or even better try understanding the legislation instead of just assuming all your fun little theories.

now if I had the power what would I reform next? I'd give the tax system a good shake up next to really get business and the economy greased up and moving efficiently.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.