LLL 0.00% 50.5¢ leo lithium limited

Sorry I am in complete disagreement with that statement.First of...

1. 636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    Sorry I am in complete disagreement with that statement.
    First of all wasn't CATL that started a price war on Lithium? How comes that now they need to do something to bring the prices back up...Odd
    Secondly this statement comes from "a producer..." I am sure this is what he/she wishes "higher prices" but I wouldn't base my investment decisions on what a producer says in the middle of China..........
    Thirdly CATL is in the business to sell battery to the world, not lithium, hence cheaper lithium price is good for them. Yes they may also produce LCE but what they lose on production they gain on sale of battery and increasing market shares.
    This article confirms what I have been reading elsewhere, that there is a kind of trade war between mainly spodumene suppliers and Chinese refineries. The Chinese what to bring the prices of Li down and the supplier (Australia) want to keep them up, between all this there is real supply/demand dynamic. If is true that demand is weak (and I believe that..) than the Australian miners are living in a fantasy land....Unless they kick start their riffing and battery production, they will always have to obey to Chinese pricing. If not this will push the Chinese even more to look elsewhere for mines and spodumene production....
    Thanks GARETH78 for the article

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LLL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.