ECT 16.7% 0.4¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

carbontax and human nature

1. 129 Posts.
    I work in a gold mine overseas many years ago. To extract higher percentage of gold out of the ore reqired much more investment and higher tech hance the capital return was much worse. if we did not worry about the waste of resourses, simply got rid of lower grade ore and put up with the lower extraction rate. investment would be much less and of course the capital return was much better. sadly all private investors did the same thing. you know...
    of course local government officals needed to be bribed.

come back to Australia, in LV we use nearly twice amout of resouces, generate nearly twice amout of CO2 than coldry to produe same amout of power. simply to achieve higher captital return. from human nature point of view, australians are as ugly as Chinese, vietnamese... aren't we? it is just a disgrace for australia as a developed country, lucky the carbon tax looks like coming. the brown coal power stations are going to be forced to change. I firmly believe it will never happen if carbon tax is not imposed on them. Some people say that even they pay carbon tax, the electricity generated from dirty brown coal still be cheapest. that is right, but if they do not change, the government can get new power station bulit with coldry and USC still using brown coal. the twice amount of raw coal comsumed and the twice amout of carbon tax will put them out of business. We finally see a glimpse of light from the end of the tunnel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.001(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $11.10M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $1.515K 504.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
43 13357839 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11826592 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.