RAC 5.59% $1.70 race oncology ltd

The 100% cure rate was just a fun thing to say as to my best...

1. 947 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10812
    The 100% cure rate was just a fun thing to say as to my best knowledge this is the only patient I know of treated with this combination. The Bis-Dox combination won't and doesn't need to be 100% for Bisantrene to have a shot at billions of dollars in revenue. FTO overexpression has been linked to poor survival and resistance across a wide range of cancers and drug classes. Targeting FTO is the missing link to more effectively treat a wide range of difficult cancer types. The great thing for investors is Bisantrene was rarely used in combination with other drugs and the dosing regimen was usually unsuitable for an FTO inhibitor, but that's about to change.

Good question. Certain chemotherapies function by causing single and double DNA strand breaks in cancer cells which triggers cell death. Single or double strand breaks happen when a single strand of or both strands of DNA are broken. Topoisomerase II is a protein involved in the maintenance of DNA at various stages, where it splits and repairs DNA in a process called the cut and pass through mechanism. Topoisomerase II inhibitors prevent the proteins function (like Bis prevents FTO from functioning), while Anthracyclines intercalate into the space between a DNA break topo II has just formed. Both processes increase DNA strand breaks and drive cytotoxicity through these processes, and Bisantrene in combination with increased DNA strand breaks has demonstrated a cure of cancer for this patient.

I hope this helps

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.70
Change
0.090(5.59%)
Mkt cap ! $289.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.60 $1.76 $1.59 $142.7K 84.97K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17175 $1.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.77 6060 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.