AVR 1.29% $18.31 anteris technologies ltd

I have two friends/acquaintances who have recently undergone the...

1. 3,121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 243
    I have two friends/acquaintances who have recently undergone the SAVR procedure - one on the Sunshine Coast and one in Brisbane. Both are doing well and recovering at the present time. I was interested to know if they had been offered the opportunity for a TAVR procedure. The responses were interesting. Both were aware of it but chose SAVR on the basis of cost. Both have private health insurance. One indicated that he had been advised that he would be out of pocket by approx. an additional $40k for TAVR and the other was advised that it would be approx. $25k extra. Additionally one was advised that the surgeon favored SAVR because if they found any other issues they could address them at the same time as the valve replacement. It does raise a few questions - the one which immediately came to my mind was - how many surgeons are competent to provide the TAVR procedure and what do the others need to do to upgrade their skills and how many will "stick to their knitting" and continue to do what they have always done?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.31
Change
-0.240(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $351.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.80 $19.15 $18.20 $159.7K 8.611K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 73 $18.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.33 90 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.