I was thinking how do you stop the young from getting into...

1. 17,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 954
    I was thinking how do you stop the young from getting into drugs.

Its a tough one.

Sure you can blame the seller, but at the end of the day the buyer buys.

Anyway.... heres a bit of an out there thought.

Lets assume we all get Super (parents)

Lets assume you have a 15 year old son/daughter....

who is about to see the real world where drugs,alcohol,smoking, drink driving etc is out there in the real world.

So here it is my thought...

Lets assume we all get 10% super contributions per year on ave wage 65k....

So $6,500 year.

Lets now assume employers move the super rate to 15%...so 5% extra.....makes it $3250 year extra with say 4% increases yoy due to wage growth....

would have around $50k in 10 years time.

So what am I on about?

Every year your child is between the ages of 15 and 25, they must be drug tested at least once a month, cant smoke, cant drink, and if caught drink driving.....the deals off.

So what is the deal?

if your child lasts the 10 years, he/she is given the 50k from the parents Super automatically....

and can only be used for a house deposit or an investment allowed by a fin planner, or to pay off hecs debt...or combination of above.

if the child does anything wrong, during the 10 years, maybe they get one chnace...

then not only do they not get the cash...but the parent loses it, and it goes into some other area, perhaps education or something similar.

So it would be kind of like a reward for staying on the right side of the track.

maybe it doesnt have to be exactly like that....and maybe its way out there.....but just a thought?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.