Bagman22You are a nice guy, I also guess you are young, which...

1. 18,366 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178
    Bagman22

You are a nice guy, I also guess you are young, which gives me hope for the future.
    I am older myself, but I often find my own generation intolerant and self-righteous!

It is a sign of a civilized society to care for its weak and to apply the rule of law to all, although it must be a difficult job for the executive organs, i.e. the prison staff, police.

We no longer have clear standards for our young, TV and the offerings in our cinemas often contain instruction manuals for the anti-social.

Prison should be about paying your debt to society (i.e. 'hard' physical work should be involved) but also about rehabilitation. But I suspect most people who finish up in prison have already missed out on education in a former life, so it is doubly hard to rehabilitate them, so maybe, that's why we don't try too hard.

Our system of punishment needs a good overhaul; no, not the death penalty, but maybe more public exposure of criminals?

I know nothing about this man, but I suppose karma played its part in his final demise. I hope his child at least can escape the stain of having a criminal in the family and have a good life; his death is actually a release for the family.

RIP

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.