OAR 0.00% 0.2¢ oar resources limited

I've spoken to many ASX investors about my OAR holdings and...

1. 6,892 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2861
    I've spoken to many ASX investors about my OAR holdings and asked what they thought about the opportunity to drill near the Carlin Trend in Nevada.
    Just about all of them just thought it was just another "gold patch flyer" in the U.S.

I think as more ASX investors learn about the Carlin Trend...interest will be taken up in OAR.

I've known about the Carlin Trend for 10 years and never thought I'd get a opportunity to invest in that area. Thinking all the larger U.S gold company's would have locked up all the tenements.

IMO, if OAR hits anything...it could be epic for even a mid to large cap.
    Yet, OAR sits here as a micro shell MC.
    (Once they hit...you wouldn't have a chance to buy at these levels.)

OAR is a VERY interesting shell with it's Peru gold plant and it's large Halloysite play in SA.

Adding the extra lottery ticket of the Carlin Trend...makes this a rare opportunity.
    OAR just needs 1 hit from the drilling results.
    (if they miss out...I hope we can raise funds to drill more later.)

Having a experienced and successful GEO (as OAR has) with a track record of finding GOLD in the area is key and IMO...changes the risk/reward ratio a fair bit.

Simply put...the Carlin Trend is one of the biggest GOLD areas in the whole world.
    If you're going to buy a GOLD spec stock...OAR's the one.

IMO
    DYOR!!

**The following is a basic primer on the area.
    (I've taken bits of copy from the links below.)

Look at the GOLD resource sizes...simply EPIC.
    IMO, if your going to try NEARology...THIS is the area to put your ticket.

From Newmount's mine...

Basic info on the Carlin Trend...
    click on the link for more info.

https://investingnews.com/daily/res...ng/biggest-gold-producer-nevada-carlin-trend/
    Nevada’s Carlin Trend: America’s Biggest Gold Producer

Few gold districts in the world stir miners’ imaginations like the Carlin Trend in Nevada.
    As the largest gold-producing region in the US, the trend hosts some of the best geology for gold mining and processing, along with a safe and mining-friendly jurisdiction in the state of Nevada. For investors interested in gold exploration in the US, the Carlin Trend should be a familiar term that evokes the potential for rich gold mines and returns for those who invest in the right companies.
    “Gold in basically every rock”

According to Mercenary Geologist Mickey Fulp, the geology of the Carlin Trend makes for perfect gold-mining territory. “It’s got the right kind of host rocks, it’s got a lot of structure, it’s got anticlines where the gold is concentrated, it’s got a great gold budget,” says Fulp. “There’s gold in basically every rock known there over the proper ages. It’s one of those areas.”

Located in Northeastern Nevada, the Carlin Trend consists of a belt of sedimentary rock-hosted gold deposits that are about 5 miles wide and 40 miles long. Geologists believe the trend was formed when a terrane — a piece of the Earth’s crust — collided with the North American Plate about 350 million years ago. The pressure and temperature associated with the collision produced hot springs along the suture zone, bringing dissolved minerals towards the surface.

These minerals, primarily silver and gold, precipitated along the fissures and faults in the rock. Several episodes of subsurface magmatism occurred before the collision, adding to the mineral deposition.
    Geologist Brent Cook, co-publisher of the Exploration Insights newsletter, describes what happened next: about 40 million years ago the western US began pulling apart, stretching the Earth’s surface and forming volcanoes. “As Nevada was pulled and wrenched apart, deep cracks formed in the Earth’s surface. These cracks did two things; they drew the gold-bearing fluids toward them, and provided the conduits to move the fluids toward the surface,”

“Along the way to the surface, chemical, temperature, and pressure changes in the fluid and adjacent favourable rocks resulted in the precipitation of massive amounts of gold. The more important of these cracks are now delineated by the major gold trends of Nevada: Carlin, Cortez, and, to a lesser degree, the Walker Lane,” he explains.

Discoverers Livermore and Coope

Exploration at what is today known as the Carlin Trend began in 1961, when Newmont Mining (NYSE:NEM) geologists John Livermore and Alan Coope arrived in Carlin, Nevada to visit the Blue Star mine and the Gold Quarry prospect.

The story goes that Livermore became interested after hearing a talk by a US Geological Survey geologist about an area in Northern Eureka County that might host gold deposits. Except the deposits were “disseminated,” meaning microscopic and therefore invisible to the human eye.

Livermore and Coope started exploring just south of Blue Star, theorizing that gold would be found below a fault known as the Roberts Mountains Thrust. Drilling started in 1962, and on the third hole they hit a gold intercept of 100 feet averaging 1.03 ounces per ton. The prospect would become the Carlin mine, the first gold mine in the Carlin Trend. It opened in 1964 and by 1968 had produced a million ounces.

The 1980s were a prolific decade for discoveries in the area between Newmont’s Rain and Emigrant deposits in the south end, and Barrick Gold’s (TSX:ABX,NYSE:ABX) Dee and Storm deposits in the north end of the Carlin Trend, as it was named in 1987. The decade kicked off with new finds at Gold Quarry, Rain and Genesis, followed by 16 new deposits or extensions of existing mines.

In the mid-1990s, some of the open-pit gold mines in the Carlin Trend began moving underground, with miners targeting higher-grade sulfide refractory ores vs. the oxide gold-bearing ores found near surface. Deeper deposits have been discovered at Rossi, Dee, Meikle, Gold Bug, Rodeo, Deep Post, Deep Star, Turf, Four Corners, West Leeville, Hardie Footwall, Deep Carlin, Mike, Rain, Tess and Rain Extension.

107 million ounces of reserves

Since its discovery, over 84 million ounces of gold have been pulled from the Carlin Trend. It hosts the second-largest known gold resources in the world, after the Witwatersrand Basin in South Africa, and accounts for over a third of US gold output. While numbers vary depending on which mines are included, the Carlin Trend may contain up to 107 million ounces of proven and probable gold reserves.

The Carlin Trend isn’t only significant for the amount of gold it has produced and hosts — but also for the type of deposit and the method of mining it. “Carlin-type” deposits have become common vernacular among gold explorers. The microscopic gold scattered throughout these deposits is usually very low grade. But what they lack in grade, they make up for in volume. After the value of these deposits became known in the 1980s, geologists around the world starting hunting down Carlin-type deposits.

Major producers Newmont and Barrick

Gold production in the Carlin Trend has been and continues to be dominated by two major gold companies: Newmont and Barrick.

While Newmont is credited for discovering the Carlin Trend and operating its first mine, the company has over the years continued to increase its gold output in the trend. Open-pit mines include the Emigrant pit and Gold Quarry pit in the south end, and the Silverstar pit in the north end. Underground operations include Leeville, Chukar, Pete Bajo and Exodus. In all, Newmont’s Carlin operations produced 944,000 ounces in 2016, while reserves as of the end of last year totaled 15 million ounces.

Barrick’s biggest producer in the Carlin Trend is Goldstrike. The company acquired the mine in 1987 from PanCana Minerals and Western State Minerals, which had a 50/50 joint venture on it.

One of the top gold mines in the world, Goldstrike now comprises the Betze-Post open-pit mine, along with the Meikle and Rodeo underground mines. Operations at Goldstrike produced 1.1 million ounces in 2016, and as of December 31, 2016 it had proven and probable gold reserves of 8.1 million ounces.

Carlin-type deposits in Nevada’s other notable gold trends

Major companies and juniors are setting their eyes on Nevada’s other promising gold trends — including Independence, Walker Lane and Battle Mountain-Eureka, also known as the Cortez Trend.
    Barrick has made some significant discoveries of Carlin-type deposits on the Cortez Trend. Its Pipeline and Cortez Hills mines produced over 1 million ounces in 2016 and have produced over 21 million ounces since 1994. The Cortez Camp has provided continued successful exploration results for Barrick, ensuring that it will be a significant gold-producing trend for many years to come.

Exploration upside

While the Carlin Trend is one of the most heavily explored gold belts in the world, gold continues to be found. Recent developments include the discovery of the Arturo deposit, a joint venture between Barrick and Premier Gold Mines (TSX:PG).
    First gold was poured there in 2016, with ore processed at Barrick’s Goldstrike Mill 3 miles to the south. There have also been expansions of the Leeville, Turf, Genesis and Gold Quarry deposits, and development at Newmont’s Exodus, Pete Bajo and Emigrant properties.

According to Brent Cook, in a mature exploration belt like the Carlin Trend, “most new exploration targets are blind from the surface and usually quite deep.” That means that exploration necessitates techniques that are quite costly, including diamond drilling. Cook says one way for a junior to overcome this hurdle is to partner with a major gold company that can assist with the financing.

Finding that big discovery hole that will interest majors is of course the primary goal of juniors exploring in Nevada. Given its long and exciting history, as well as its its still-ample gold reserves, the state is likely to continue adding to mining lore.

More info from OAR...
    https://www.oakdaleresources.com.au/copy-of-graphite-project

Wiki...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlin–type_gold_deposit

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.444M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $1K 500K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
72 165287832 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 24512045 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.