IMC 0.00% 8.8¢ immuron limited

Well, I don't have earthshaking news on a future PR or something...

1. 928 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61

Well, I don't have earthshaking news on a future PR or something that's gonna rocket the stock (wish I did lol), but if you're interested in this science, this is pretty mind blowing.

Dr. Carol tacked of Maryland Medicine (which has one perhaps the best vaccine development program in the country) had her work published in the New England Journal of Medicine of the efficacy of an ETEC hyperimmune bovine colostrum milk concentrate and it's protective effects against ETEC. 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/19871864_Protection_by_Milk_Immunoglobulin_Concentrate_against_Oral_Challenge_with_Enterotoxigenic_Escherichia_coli

Great article, though unfortunately you have to pay up to read the New England Journal of Medicine articles unless you have university access.  Dr. Tacket's article showed that milk immunoglobulin concentrate with high titers of antibodies against enterotoxigenic E. coli antigens provided effective protection against oral challenge with 1.2X109 E. coli H10407 (ETEC challenge strain).

Fast forward to June 2017 publication from various authors at Maryland Medicine's Center for Vaccine Development, focusing on Immuron's Travelan and IMM-124E, which is free:

"Bioactive Immune Components ofAnti-Diarrheagenic EnterotoxigenicEscherichia coli Hyperimmune BovineColostrum Products"

https://cvi.asm.org/content/cdli/24/8/e00186-16.full.pdf

This article explores the immune components and antimicrobialactivity in Travelan that support its demonstrated clinical efficacy.  Great article and very much worth a read.  But note the footnote at the bottom:

"we thank Carol Tacket for providing the ETEC challenge serum samples used in the development of the functional antibody assays."

Yes folks.  The same Carol Tacket who published her early work on ETEC HBC in the New England Journal of Medicine 30 years ago.  Dr. Tacket provided Immuron with the ETEC challenge samples used to develop Immuron's functional antibody assays in Travelan and IMM-124E.  So Dr. Tacket is an integral part of the development of Travelan and IMM-124E (which Dr. Sanyal was anxious to study in not one but TWO liver disease trials and got the NIH to fully-fund both).  Dr. Tacket's early work published in the New England Journal of Medicine (best medical journal in the world) laid the groundwork for what is today Travelan and IMM-124E.

If Gary Jacob can't run with this (for goodness sake, start with marketing Travelan first...the scientific support is overwhelming....New England Journal of Medicine....are you kidding me?!), my jaw would drop.  There is so much science behind Travelan and IMM-124E it's just incredible.

Last edited by Orioles: 01/12/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.7¢ 8.8¢ 8.7¢ $10.89K 124.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4199 8.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.9¢ 16280 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.