carpenter against barnett in wa, page-2

1. 18,152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    Hi watso

I, too, watched the two contenders last night. I had voted Labor locally and Liberal Federally (initially) - I believe in balancing Lab and Lib. I also believe most Governments get a bit up themselves when they've been in power too long.

Carpenter disappointed last night. He was insecure and spluttered his way into the interview, and there wasn't much about a grand vision for Western Australia - somehow the mantle of premier does not fit. I guess the future of Western Australia will take care of itself, but we can't afford another power black-out like we had in the Varanus saga - we need back-up power, mostly for the huge development that's going on up nort - just one example. We need a sensible water policy and not the expensive solutions Labor presented us with. (note: the huge amount of rain water that ran off into the sea recently could have, with some infrastructure, been harvested - yet not even a hint of a plan or policy). I agree, some ministers in this Government are very good; I also agree Barnett is a good performer from way back. In the past I suspect he came up against a clique of Court supporters and that's why he didn't progress then - but he always impressed in Parliament; would he qualify as a small 'l' liberal? I like that he has co-opted Liz Constable - a great lady and hard worker.

I also believe the Libs have a more open mind in regard to Uranium mining in W.A.

Cheers

Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.