CAR 0.03% $37.86 car group limited

Carsales is no longer displaying prices, page-5

1. 2,452 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 624
    Bumping this thread to share my anger and displeasure. Seriously a f*ing STUPID idea.

Allow me to rant like an angry old man for a moment and explain why this is a bad idea.

- Marketplace is creeping up to be a better competitor to you guys simply due to it being cheaper to list a car. Unless a car is really high value, it's getting listed there. This is important later, so I'll circle back in a moment.
    - Carsales has ruined the experience with this new pricing idea. It makes the site unusuable if you're not logged in. Worse, it shows for a moment then pops up with this. Clearly showing they intend to force you to make an account.
    - I have an account already, but just could not bother logging in to browse something I'm trying to buy. Sure, it's 1 or 2 extra steps and I'm not saying it's hard to log in....but I feel disgruntled as a customer because it's plain as day manipulative what they're doing. I see right through how they're trying to get new accounts.
    - This poor manipulative attempt made me go to marketplace, where I've already found a few sellers for what I want.

Now imagine other people go through this. The buyers go to marketplace because it pisses them off, however slight an inconvenience and then the advantage of carsales goes away. Carsales relies on people expecting it to be the best place to go find what you want so that it can sell a package to people who want to sell their car and make money.

What happens if marketplace improves their platform? Currently marketplace has it's own issues and is not as good. What if it can just match carsales but without high listing fees or aggravating buyers?

Rule 1 of consumer psychology is to remove barriers for people following through with a purchase.

Awful idea. I suggest shareholders point out the logical conclusion of this to preserve their value here. Carsales was the best platform and I could not complain about it before this change. It's not a good way of getting new accounts and here I am pissed as an existing customer!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.