BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

casey analyst forecasts explosive biotech grow, page-21

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    seanl, I think in BLT's case it is pretty much "pick a number". I don't think there is any way that one can reasonably guess what is takeover price would be.

If one looks at some of the deals that have been done in the past, a dollar a share would not be out of the question but unlikely at this point in time IMO.

The last time I looked ~50% of the company was owned by small investors. Who knows how much these shareholders would be prepared to accept. In other words, the Board may not be able to stop a cheap, hostile takeover. This would likely not be a good outcome for long term holders given the very low, current sp.

IMO, a takeover is the last thing we want now that we have come this far. What we need is the sale or part sale of one of our programs so that we have enough money to take our own products to market. I'd like to see BLT stay intact a grow to be big company that pays me good dividends.

If we can make such a deal sooner rather than later I would be all for accepting that deal instead of holding on for Pll/lll data and a bigger payment. If a deal was really close, I'd even be prepared to accept vulture capital as bridging finance if necessary. At least that could limit the dilution through early termination. A straight capital raising would be hugely diluting and there would be no half measures. With no real increase in company value, raising $10M could see the sp drop considerably in the short term, below one cent possibly.

As I said previously, I am convinced that PF has got funding of one shape or another already lined up. If I was David Suhy I wouldn't be joining the company unless I was sure it could pay my salary and I so PF would have had to have given David some reassurance up front.

Carl should be back from the US this week. Let's hope he returns home with some bacon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.