PDN 2.19% $11.18 paladin energy ltd

Well, IF the price of U had recovered this quarter and we had...

1. 307 Posts.
    Well, IF the price of U had recovered this quarter and we had seen another quarterly loss, then i could understand some of these comments.
    But there is some very uninformed comments that ignore the main cause of the loss/writedowns ie the price of uranium.

The things that management can control ie costs, production are all improving significantly. Unfortunately they cant control the uranium market.

What i find amusing is the ignorant analysis by a few, that somehow draws the conclusion that the operating loss is a sign of a sinking ship that has been badly run. Put simply the price of uranium is too low for most producers to make a profit.
    On that basis then the whole sector is going under , and therefore there should not be any investor interest whatsoever.
    Just ask gold investors how many nay sayers there were at the bottom of the price cycle in the early 2000's . At that time there many producers who were seriall write down offendors. At that time there were many uninformed laughing at the gold investors, prefering to invest in blue chips like NAB and Telstra. History tells us who were the smart ones.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.18
Change
-0.250(2.19%)
Mkt cap ! $3.342B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.66 $11.66 $11.18 $25.19M 2.232M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 8339 $11.17

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.24 800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.