ZIP 6.06% $1.23 zip co limited..

Other than your disappointment in my change of sentiment years...

1. 8,124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 875
    Other than your disappointment in my change of sentiment years back (which changed as quickly as the risk I might add), I largely agree with your views of BNPL surviving, because it clearly is, including fintechs as a whole.

At one stage zip was a wonder child, doing all the right things and making headway for what looked like a great opportunity, and world domination. Zip had exciting prospects and demanded higher valuations, just like all growth stocks. They were knocking it out of the park.

As they continued to grow and looked to expand their reach much further, they were then faced with a rapidly changing macro and investor environment, with increased competition, increased credit and interest rate risk, and then a global pandemic. It seemed to me that their options for capital to support their growth, became very limited. It did not look great.

The positives are that I think zip is now in a much better and healthier position than it’s been for a while and credit is owed to the board for making swift and tough decisions. These decisions have probably set zip up for a much longer and brighter future, which also provides it better odds of returning value to shareholders. I think that the changes to the financial position have been impressive.

IMO, this value might eventually come from being acquired at an acceptable price for holders (hopefully multiples from here) or from continuing to reduce its expenses, while increasing its revenue, and continue to innovate and make profit.

We have shared many differing views @Fastback6666 and @bedger too. Sometimes our views won’t always align, but I think they’re still better shared than not.

Keep well, stay balanced and unbiased and I hope to see a change in SP soon enough.

All in my opinion, dyor
    Last edited by AlphaX: 02/09/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.070(6.06%)
Mkt cap ! $1.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.19 $1.25 $1.19 $10.81M 8.860M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 76423 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.24 97508 35
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.27pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.23
  Change
0.070 ( 6.19 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.18 $1.25 $1.18 1265152
Last updated 14.45pm 29/04/2024 ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.