SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Cash flow positive?, page-31

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Am I not entitled to my sentiment? ...........of course you are Cokes. I shouldn't have let my frustrations (not about my own position which doesn't concern me) get the better of me and I apologise for my smartarse comments.

My point was that you clearly see it as wise for people to wait until everything is in the open and the company has provided all the information needed to ensure there is no possibility of loss and a bright future is assured - and only at that point should people buy. The problem with that approach is that that's possibly around the time many bolder short term traders, who saw it as more of less given the company was through the worst when the Bankers decided to leave $840m of their shareholders funds committed, will be taking profit. So I saw your comments as unwise advice to people based on misconception. As they're all future events we're talking about, there is no certainty anyone is right.

Your approach is fine from a steady long term investment perspective if you don't need dividends for a while, but as far as I'm concerned measured risk should add significantly to returns here; the present evidence (to me) points to the shares being undervalued with limited risk attaching. Short term, the price is being played, with the result (to me only) being now might be a good time to buy. Investment styles differ and once again apologies for suggesting your approach is anything other than ok. Each to their own.

I get similarly frustrated with comments like: "the company will spend the rest of its existence repaying debt". People get mixed up. It doesn't matter, as long as the debt is manageable. Company's gear up because the return they are able to generate from the borrowed money greatly exceeds its cost. Cash generation should allow them comfortably to meet all the terms of the debt. People don't invest in companies that are debt free -they buy shares in companies that make profits, generate net cash and invest for the future. As ever in life, it's all about balance and staying in control, which is no fun really. Go for it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.