AQJ 0.00% 20.0¢ aus asia minerals limited

A few observations and a few conclusions (with assumptions as...

1. 6,294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2496
    A few observations and a few conclusions (with assumptions as required):

1. "Advance from shareholders" - it appears somebody is providing just as much cash as the company needs to stay afloat to offset the debt payments.

2. $100,000 received for 83,500 tons of coal sold = average royalty of $1.20/t. This suggests just over 10,000 tons was sold at the $2.50 royalty and the remaining 73,500 at the $1 royalty. So we REALLY need the price of Indon domestic coal to push up even $3, then income will go up a lot. I doubt it will ever get to $45 anytime soon so $3 is a pipe dream.

3. Production currently just under 30kt per month. Pretty good, hopefully will get better.

If they can get to the 80kt per month and secure the $2.50 royalty they will have $600k a quarter coming in instead of the current $100k. If they can manage it this will actually be a fairly profitable little company even after accounting for its debt.

I guess the downside is that this is all in the hands of the contractor. If the contractor wants to sell for $34/t and pay $1 royalty instead of $35/t and pay $2.50, CES probably can't stop them. Just gotta hope the domestic coal price pushes up to $37ish.

But I agree with mrspec. Things could actually work out okay for these guys... and us by extension. :) I would also like to know what's happening with our HDI shares. Something shady with that whole deal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQJ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.