There are many buskers doing their thing out there - hard to...

1. 8,390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 879
    There are many buskers doing their thing out there - hard to imagine a busker having an eftpos machine.

There have been many instances of school fundraisers using weekend bootsales - ditto to eftpos machines.

If one has cash and uses it, one can only spend what amount of cash one has. If one has a credit card, (many have multiples), one may see items one thinks they need impulsively and tapping and go will lead to debt that needs to be paid back with interest - on top of surcharges etc. At least with debit cards one can only use what is in one's account.

Over time do tend to have lots of coins - fill the car with petrol, give the attendant a bag of coins - let them use their skills to remind them how people used to count money - many get flustered and even angry - I just look and think it's legal tender, educational and that am prepared to wait till it's all counted.

The following should be read by many 'tap and go' users - if practiced by paying by 'cash and go', it will save one heaps:

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/young-aussie-bucks-cashless-trend-and-reveals-insane-results-gone-through-the-roof-050140430.html

Excerpt:

Comedian Matt Hey has become cash's biggest advocate after effectively ditching his card and digital payment systems since the start of the year.

He's been using cash ever since and said his savings have "gone through the roof" as a result."

Anything recreational or anything where I can purchase in person, I will always use cash and what I have found is that it makes me have a more conscious decision into what I'm purchasing,"

Use cash whenever and wherever possible and take back control of your finances - it has worked for centuries. AIMO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.