BNT 0.00% 2.5¢ bounty mining ltd

Doesn't matter whether you are a trader or an investor, if your...

1. 2,541 Posts.
    Doesn't matter whether you are a trader or an investor, if your stock runs out of cash it either goes out of business or has to raise equity as a distressed security.

If management is not organised, and surprise the market the way BNT has, the Directors end up having to dilute the existing equity by ten times the amount (ie: selling off ninety percent of the company for next to nothing so they can pay creditors). How many examples would you like: Cisco, ERG, Burns Philp etc.

HC is a traders chat site, so I assume I am talking with people who are willing to place a sell order to save their capital. My point to all those holding this stock (when it was at 15.5c is that:
    a) it was in a downtrend;
    b) It had released bad news;
    c) Given a) and b) above, it was always going to be a bit cheaper later on.

If the cashflow doesn't turnaround in the current quarter, it doesn't matter how loyal the company's investors are, the company will either run out of cash or have to further dilute earnings with a badly timed equity issue.

Even though you might have lost half of your capital so far on this stock, you are still better off selling and buying back in when it is lower, rather than losing another half of your remaining half.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.